When words alone are not enough.
Need to show something to someone? iShowU is your answer! iShowU is designed to record anything on your screen, instantly — both audio, and video!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a movie is worth a million. Imagine the time you’ll save writing Grandma an email about how to magnify her dock when you can just shoot a movie
iShowU v1 Features
Small snippets or full screen shots – iShowU comes with super-useful, built-in presets to help get you on your way, and you can create your own with just a few quick clicks.
No more waiting for encoding, as soon as you stop recording your video is instantly available.
Easy to use
Just drag the capture rectangle over what you want to record and hit enter. There’s only one button (that’ll be the one labelled "record") between you and video bliss.
You're in Control
Don’t want to record system audio? Microphone level too low? Video too big? iShowU has simple settings to control your capture, and does so from a single-window interface, so you can’t get lost.
Understands your mac
iShowU is a Universal Binary and also knows what monitors you’ve got connected (so you’re not restricted to capturing just one screen) – drag the mouse wherever you want to go and iShowU records it all.
Take the Night Off
Don’t sit and watch the recording, waiting for the right point to stop it. Setup a recording timer then go out for dinner!
Zero effort encoding and publishing of your movie directly to the web from within iShowU. Supports iPod/iPad and also 1:1 high quality H264.
Other cool features
- Captures mouse positions (or not)
- Supports any QuickTime compression method
- Pause / Resume recording
- Compatible with OSX 10.5+
- Can automatically feed completed videos to Stomp
- Made by a good Kiwi
iShowU v1 preferences window screenshot
iShowU Want to show the actual FPS being achieved? Or hide the window upon starting a recording? Do it all here. Yes, the amazing Preferences window!
iShowU v1 main window screenshot
iShowU Couldn't be simpler. Set your options and hit record. Everything is visible from the one screen.
iShowU v1 screen capture area screenshot
Setting the capture area - A nice visual way to choose what to capture, just drag the handles and position the lightbox over what you want to capture.
|Record microphone audio||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Record system audio||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|On the fly GPU scaling||No||Yes||Yes|
|Automatically detects and scales full screen apps1||No||Yes||Yes|
|Upload to web2||No||Yes||Yes|
|Support for all CoreAudio inputs3||No||No||Yes|
|Low CPU usage mode||No||No||Yes|
|Support for Final Cut Pro (Snow Leopard Only)4||No||No||Yes|
1 Keynote, Worlds of Warcraft, etc. iShowU HD will automatically capture the full screen when an application itself goes “full screen”.
2 YouTube, Blip.TV and Howcast built-in.
3 Multi Channel Mixer. HD Pro lets you capture every audio channel independently (so if you want to remix just one later, that is possible).
4 Final Cut Pro prefers video with no “skipped frames”. When running on Snow Leopard, iShowU HD Pro lets you specify whether or not gaps in a recording should be filled or expanded to fill the correct frame duration. This feature is activated by disabling “Variable Frame Durations”. This feature is not available under Lion.
- Fixed up the inability to force recording to Mono in 10.7.5 (the option in iShowU Preferences)
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash upon startup.
- Fixed another case that'd stop iShowU from recording video properly.
- Possible fix for the inability to record video (i.e: some users getting audio only)
- Provided error checking and automatic switching to PCM when the microphone device cannot be recorded directly into AAC.
- Fixed issue where some people couldn't record in AAC - resulting in movies that could not be opened in QuickTime.
- Awesome speed and quality increase under Lion / Mountain Lion when scaling footage (here, it's at least twice as quick, and twice as nice!).
- Fixed an issue whereby a recording would not start on Mountain Lion if the 'follow mouse mode' option was off, and the horizontal width was smallish (around 850).
- Added feature: If drop-frames is enabled, it is only enabled when the mouse is not moving. Now, unless you've an explicit reason not to, you can leave "Drop Duplicate Frames" enabled in iShowU Preferences, and it'll 'Just Work'
- Added ability to drop duplicate frames under Mountain Lion.
- Fixed up (I think) a sound recording bug in Mountain Lion: Sometimes, all you'd get would be 200ms of static at the beginning of a recording. If you're using ML and you get this, please get in touch with support.
- Fixed up issues with Retina displays under Lion.
- No longer shows a black frame at the beginning of recording when running on Lion.
- Now built as an Intel only binary, with a minimum requirement of 10.6.6.
- Support for Gatekeeper under Max OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Automatically increase relevant SF2ch channel/master volumes when enabling recording of application audio. Fixes problems related to not being able to hear application audio, when recording of app audio is enabled.
- Fixed issue whereby you could not choose ~/Desktop as a location for files.
- 1771: Fixed problem whereby you could not set the codec back to JPEG under Lion, once you'd chosen H.264.
- 1749: Re-fixed issue where recording would get a blue tint on Lion when scaled.
- 1739: Fixed issue under Lion where recording would be deleted upon quitting app.
- 1733: Fixed 'follow mouse' in Lion. Now smooth.
- 1722: Some Lion stability improvements, and better error handling. Fixed default sound output being set incorrectly (Lion only).
- 1676: 'Pause' now works in Lion. 'Abort' now works in Lion.
- 1652: Complete re-write of Lion integration. No longer uses any old QT code and the entire engine now uses new Lion tech.
- 1592: Many fixes for Lion, including detection of errors writing to disk.
- 1549: Additional stability improvements - fixed issue with excessive CPU usage in last beta build.
- Lion - Fixed issue causing crash when pressing pause.