No need to export the video for it to be usable1. Once recording is complete you can immediately email it, or drag it into a video editor for further editing.
1Excludes Low CPU mode on OSX 10.6.
Record Keyboard & Mouse
Show your viewers the keys you’re using to perform tasks (HD Pro only). Identify when you’re clicking the mouse by using a mouse action.
Record from iSight & DV cameras
Personalize your presentation using your built-in iSight camera, or indeed any connected camera!
Immediately see what you’re going to capture, before you record!
Upload to YouTube or Blip.tv
Upload your finished product directly to YouTube or Blip.TV2. Built-in presets to get the best quality.
2Add upload functionality to your site. See the Upload API documentation.
Supports Pro Apps
Includes built-in presets for Final Cut. Finished recordings can be dragged directly from iShowU HD into the timeline. (HD Pro only)
Point & Shoot
Don’t be restricted to capturing only the full screen. HD lets you specify your own capture area. Say goodbye to “post cropping” of video.
Real-time super fast scaling
Want to record at half the size? 2560×1900 into 720p? Now it’s no longer a problem – iShowU HD has realtime super quick GPU scaling.
|Record microphone audio||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Record system audio||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|On the fly GPU scaling||No||Yes||Yes|
|Automatically detects and scales full screen apps1||No||Yes||Yes|
|Upload to web2||No||Yes||Yes|
|Support for all CoreAudio inputs3||No||No||Yes|
|Specific support for Final Cut Express/Pro4||No||No||Yes|
|Low CPU usage mode (L/SL only)5||No||No||Yes|
- Keynote, World of Warcraft, etc. iShowU HD will automatically capture the full screen when an application itself goes “full screen”.
- YouTube, Blip.TV and Howcast built-in.
- Multi Channel Mixer (OSX 10.6 only). HD Pro lets you capture every audio channel independently (so if you want to remix just one later, that is possible).
- In general, Final Cut prefers video with no “skipped frames”. iShowU HD Pro lets you specify whether or not gaps in a recording should be filled or expanded to fill the correct frame duration.
- Low CPU mode is available for machines running Leopard or Snow Leopard only. Put another way, Low CPU mode isn’t available for Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks.